Saffron pancake is a Swedish pancake originally from the traditional Gotland recipe. this is a popular dessert in Sweden. This is an old recipe that is very popular. many people used to say Gotland pancake as well.
A simple recipe for saffron pancakes:
- Preheat the oven to 175c
- Peel the almonds then chop them finely
- Biol the water on medium heat, add rice and continuously stir it every now and then
cook on low heat for approx 30 min once the water is absorbed, add milk, once the milk is boiling reduce to a simmer. Porridge is ready and let it cool for for 30 minutes.
- Beat the eggs and beat them into the porridge. Add the saffron, raisins, cardamom, and almonds.
- lightly grease an oven-safe dish with butter and pour Bake at 175° for approx. 30 min, or until the pancake has a nice color and the center has set
- Blackberry Jam is good for saffron pancakes. It is even tastier with fresh lightly sugared barries