If you’re looking for a quick and delicious vegetable dish, Saag Aloo Spinach and Potato Curry is a great option. The fried mustard seeds add a unique and tasty flavor to the dish. If you prefer your food spicy, consider adding a little bit of red chili while frying the vegetables. And if you have a wok on hand, it can be a great tool to use when cooking this dish.
- 2 Packs of Leaf Spinach or 500g of fresh spinach
- 4 st Medium-sized potatoes
- 1-2 st green chillies finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 7 st Mustard seeds
- Thaw the spinach, drain, and squeeze out as much water as possible
- Peel and cut the potatoes into three-centimetre cubes and boil them almost soft in water with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Take care of the boiling water.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan until it sizzles when you drop a mustard seed. Fry the mustard seeds under the lid for about 10 seconds. Mix in the spinach and fry for a few minutes, stirring, until it turns light brown. Add the potatoes and fry until they get color.
- Pour in 2 tablespoons of the potato water, mix in the coriander, and let it cook for a few minutes.
Garnish with chopped green chilies. Serve as a side dish, preferably with lamb dishes, or as a stand-alone dish with naan or chapati