I used to practically always make focaccia bread for lunch.
Italian flatbreads called focaccia are made with dough that is thicker than pizza. It is frequently topped with different ingredients like olive oil, salt, herbs, and even vegetables. It is recognized for its soft and chewy texture. You can eat focaccia on its own or use it as a sandwich. Usually, flour, water, yeast, salt, and olive oil are added to make the dough, which is then allowed to rise before baking. The end product is a tasty and versatile bread that is loved in many different ways throughout the world and is well-known in Italian cuisine.
What is special about focaccia bread?
Focaccia is just like pizza dough, I used to make special toppings like rosemary sea salt cherry tomato for focaccia. I used to make it with all-purpose flour, olive oil, water, yeast, herbs, and sea salt. But, focaccia is made with more yeast than pizza dough, which allows it to rise more and become a fluffier and more bread-like loaf. The classic topping is rosemary and sea salt or more special choices like garlic and herb. you can also use sliced vegetables and basil.
Quick Focaccia Bread
It’s easy to make a delicious focaccia bread with just one rise. The secret to a great recipe is using plenty of olive oil and flake salt. Although the recipe suggests topping the bread with olives, you can experiment with different toppings to find your favorite!
Quick Prepration for Focaccia Bread
To begin making focaccia bread, crumble the yeast into a bowl. Pour in a small amount of water and stir until the yeast dissolves. Then, gradually add the rest of the water, 0.5 dl olive oil, salt, and flour while continuing to stir. Work the ingredients together until they form a fairly loose dough. Cover the bowl with a tea towel and allow the dough to rise for 40 minutes.
Preheat your oven to 250° and prepare a baking dish measuring around 20 x 30 cm by lining it with a sheet of baking paper. Drizzle 0.5 dl of olive oil onto the paper and then pour the dough onto it.
Drizzle an additional 0.5 dl of olive oil on the dough and push the dough out at the edges. Make small pits with your fingers and sprinkle with flake salt.
After placing your desired toppings on the dough, or a little extra olive oil, preheat your oven to 250° and place the bread in the middle of the oven. Bake until the internal temperature reaches 98°, which should take around 20 minutes.
Focaccia Bread Recipe
Quick recipe for Focaccia Bread
Optional Topping for Italian Focaccia bread:
4 tbsp Cherry Tomatoes
4 tbsp Olives black and green
2 tbsp Fresh rosemary chopped
2 cloves Garlic
- Measure out exactly all the ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine warm water, salt, and active dry yeast and stir until the yeast dissolves. then sprinkle yeast over the water and set it aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients in a dough mixer.
- Run the dough for about 7 minutes slowly and 10-15 minutes quickly, the dough should rise from the bottom before it is ready.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover it with a Kitchen towel, and let it rise in a warm place for 1-2 hours or until it doubles in size.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Put your fingers in the dough so that a lot of holes are formed, drizzle with plenty of olive oil, sprinkle olives, dried tomatoes, feta cheese, oregano, etc.
- Bake them at the input temperature of 220C with a little steam, lower the temperature to 200C, and bake them for 18-25 minutes depending on the size of the mold.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly before cutting it into squares.
- sun-dried tomato, red onion, feta cheese, anchovies, rosemary.